Hamster’s behavior and character is really mysterious. This is the reason that we have put the maximum effort to clear the myths about the hamster. This article is about the Daily care and related diseases of the hamster. Many myths are known as truth to the people. This is an effort to clear those. Be sure to read the other three articles related to the myths about the hamsters.
- The Misunderstanding And Truth About Hamster
- The Truths about the Every Day Myths about hamster
- Feeding environment and cage size: The myths and truths about hamster
Many people think that hamsters are a very good animal to feed. As long as the water and food are changed regularly, and the cages are cleaned, hamsters can be kept well. Therefore, it is a very suitable animal for children. There are certain misunderstandings in this view. In order to make hamster life happy, healthy and safe, you must have but not limited to the following knowledge:
- The minimum and recommended area for hamsters
- How to make landscaping in line with hamsters’ habits in nature
- Which hamster supplies are safe
- What is a comprehensive and balanced recipe?
- How to gradually domesticate a hamster
- What are the symptoms of hamsters getting sick?
- Reserve a veterinary reserve and know where the nearest veterinarian is
- How to deal with emergencies (escape, illness, injury, etc.)
- Compared with cats and dogs, hamsters are better taken care of, but it is never easy to change the water, feed, and clean the cage easily.
- They also need comprehensive nursing knowledge to take care of them well.
The hamster tastes great, so keep away from people
hamsters have the same taste as other animals, but not too unacceptable
Feeling that hamsters taste great is an important reason why many parents dislike their children raising hamsters. But the hamster is really wrong. Whether the smell is big or not is relatively speaking. In fact, every animal in the world, including humans, has a certain smell. Because hamsters are the smallest pets, from this perspective, hamsters have the smallest taste. Some owners report that female Syrian hamsters have a musky-like smell, which is especially strong during estrus.
Male dwarf hamsters also have a stronger urine smell. Therefore, whether the smell is great depends on the individual hamster and the owner’s acceptance of the smell. But overall, the smell of hamsters is not too unacceptable.
The reason why the hamster tastes great is actually related to the owner. Think about it, when we raise dogs, we have to teach them to poop. When raising a cat, give cat litter. Regular shoveling of shit and urine is also essential. If there is no toilet in the human world, there will be feces and urine everywhere, and the human smell will not smell good. However, we have seen that the way some owners raise hamsters is actually not suitable because they are worried that hamsters will have heat stroke.
You can even provide simple summer facilities such as ice rooms and cold plates. In short, providing enough litter is not only to meet the life needs of hamsters but also to benefit the owner. Hamsters are actually very clean animals. As long as the cages are spread out, many hamsters will go to bathe in the sand, have a fixed place to pee, and store their poop separately. When there is enough litter, the owner is very trouble-free. As long as it is cleaned regularly, the entire cage is rarely cleaned.